Change Your Heart to Change The World by Paying Good Forward!
Over the past few months, I have been inspired by tons of people to Pay Good Forward! I LOVE the fact that I can help multiple people and organizations through the use of social media! (Especially since I work full time and I’m a mom to 3 VERY active boys.) You don’t need money and you don’t even have to leave your house to spread the message of the importance of Paying Good Forward! The power of a simple kind gesture like complimenting someone or saying “Hi” can change someone’s day!
Ask Yourself “How Can I Help Make Someone Smile Today?”
We can’t change the world without changing our selves, and we can’t change others minds if we can’t change their hearts! It’s as simple as thinking, “How can I help others today?” and get activated! As a mom, I do my best each day to lead by example and show my children how important it is to help others. It’s so hard to keep a positive outlook on life sometimes, trust me I know! How do I do it?
Here are some ways I try to stay positive:
- I stay off of social media and read a book, play with my kids, go for a walk and “regroup”.
- Take a step back and look at everything I DO have & remind myself how lucky I am!
- Write my goals down on paper and brainstorm ways on how I will achieve them!
- Re-watch “The Vampire Diaries” ALWAYS puts me in a better mood! (Put on one of your favorite shows or movies)
- Put on some music (most likely Michael Malarkey’s EP “Feed The Flames“ will be on!)
- Research topics I’m interested in to learn more and then find a way to do something to help!
I find when I keep myself busy with trying to help other people and organizations, the passion in my heart EXPLODES and my mood instantly changes!
ALL of Us Are Heroes! Get Activated and Pay Good Forward!
There is so much that we can ALL do to help make the world a better place. It starts with just 1 simple act of kindness. “Pay Good Forward” is such a powerful phrase that I came across from the AMAZING team at Goody Awards! I’m taking that phrase and running with it!
Here are just a few things that I am working on to help make the world better, on and off social media.
- Supporting Ian Somerhalder Foundation’s Mission EVERY DAY- “empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures.”
- Recently Designated as Volunteer Ambassador for Dogs 4 The Deaf
- Recently joined Bekki Meek and Craig Edwards as the US Ambassador for TCEP (The Craig Edwards Project) Right now trying to get donations for the back pack project where we are filling backpacks up with essentials to help homeless people in the UK stay warm, & some food etc.
- Just approved to volunteer at local ASPCA 4 hours/week!
- Working on my Michael Malarkey fan site promoting his music and concerts. Giving away tickets to his gigs & doing TVD Merchandise giveaways!
- Helping promote BOB/Dena Somerhalder’ s new and AWESOME game “Somerhalder Secrets” app- by giving away prizes to people who purchase it!
- I started my “Mission Recognition” where I’m giving Hero Goody necklaces and awarding them to people across the globe doing great things! Check out all my Global Citizens I’ve tagged here!
- Helping Goody Awards promote and LIVE their mission and promoting their “Pay Good Forward Movement” of course!
- Thanks to Years of Living Dangerously Series and James Cameron, the month of November I’ll be attempting to go Plant Based! NO MEAT products for me and will be researching how not eating meat effects the environment! (Pros/cons).
Check out this video about why James Cameron (Executive Producer) made the decision to change to a Plant Based diet!
Always Follow Your Dreams!
Knowing I’ve made someone smile keeps me doing what I do. I TRY to ignore some of the push back and lack of support from others and follow my heart. Just like my many idols and inspirations continue to follow their hearts and passions, so will I. Imagine if Arnold Schwarzenegger NEVER “escaped” from boot camp to go to that competition, he most likely wouldn’t have become ” Mr. Universe” or “The Terminator” or even Gov. of CA! What if Ian Somerhalder just sat back and watched as the BP oil spill destroyed his land and all the creatures and didn’t do anything? We wouldn’t have ISF and I most likely wouldn’t have joined Twitter-verse and I wouldn’t be writing this!
How about if Joel Bach and David Gelber never followed through with their ideas to produce Years of Living Dangerously? The world would STILL be in the dark about Climate change, including MYSELF! Go to their page about how we can ALL help combat climate change!
Yes, you will run into a TON of “road blocks”, mentally, physically and emotionally BUT the main thing is to NEVER GIVE UP! Just as Ian Somerhalder always reminds his fans, find your passion and don’t let anything or anyone stop you!
Paying Good Forward is MORE than just a phrase, it’s a way of life! We have the tools at our fingertips to help each other make the world a better place!
Thank you to a few of my inspirations to keep Paying Good Forward are:
Liz Kelly (Founder of Goody Awards)
Ian Somerhalder (and EVERYONE involved with Ian Somerhalder Foundation)
Joel Bach, David Gelber and James Cameron ( and the ENTIRE Years of Living Dangerously Team!)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (my idol for the past 22 years!)
Ellen DeGeneres (she LIVES to help others & inspires me to do the same!)